I’ve been using this eyelash curler for almost 3 years now and I love it. I truly feel most of the bad reviews are user error. I’ve tried every type of heated eyelash curler out there and this one rocks my socks. Here’s some helpful hints:
1) The first time you put a battery in it’s HOT. Use caution for the first few times. Sometimes I have to turn it off and let it cool a little before I can continue.
2) Yes there is a power button sliding thingy. It’s silver and in the middle of the device. You don’t just put a battery in and it works. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard because then you would have to take the battery out again to turn it off. Yes, It takes a minute to heat up. On the back of the tip is a blueish-purple dot that turns pink when it’s ready. Turn it on at some point during your beauty routine (before you actually need it). I turn it on after I get my foundation on but before I apply color. waliicorners.com
3) You can’t just hold it to your eyelash and it magically curls. For the best results I start at the base of the lash pressing upwards and hold for a second or two, then move slowly to the end of the lash and press back towards toward the eyelid to force the eyelash into a crescent or “c” shape. Moving back and forth across the eye to include all of the lashes. To keep the tip from clogging up I apply mascara after. For a more dramatic lash I apply a thin coat of mascara then curl while it’s wet, then a second coat. Just remember to clean it.
4) There’s no Wall-E robot that will come and scrub your tip. Here’s how I keep it clean. The tip of the eyelash curler has a eyelash separator and underneath are the heating elements. The eyelash separator slides off the end of the eyelash curler for easy access. Use the brush that was included in your package to clean out the eyelash separator using your make up remover. Clean the heating element with the same DRY brush. If this area gets clogged your eyelashes will no longer be able to reach the heated coils and the curler will no longer be effective.
5) Always replace the cap when you are done. The cap turns off the eyelash curler when you slide it on, and keeps the eyelash separator from sliding off the end in your makeup bag. Otherwise you’ll be searching for a new battery the next time you go to use it. When used consistently, like with any battery operated device, you’ll have to replace them. Especially devices with a heat element as they use more power. Keep extra in your makeup bag.
6) I use up my eyelash curlers at least every 6 months. I’ve dropped one and the cap broke, another got smashed in my checked baggage, I lent one out and never saw again…etc. I never had one that didn’t work. Plan on replacing it or having a backup on hand for when you have an accident. waliicorners.com
I will order this product again and again. I will never go back to the skin pinching, eyelash crimping mid evil torture device. waliicorners.com